------------------------
THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!

The doom sayers have been saying that now since 1914. No doubt that is true. It will end some year. No one on this Earth knows when, so just enjoy what little time that you have left.

My shtick is "DEPRESSION IS COMING!!". I think I am closer to the truth.

Depression News

The best definition of a financial depression is a period when supply overwhelms demand, resulting in falling prices, unemployment problems, and economic contraction.

Investopedia explains 'Great Depression'

The NYSE crashed on October 24, 1929, a day known as Black Thursday. Thousands of people lost nearly the entire value of their investments, leaving them with next to nothing. The trend continued and the following Tuesday, Black Tuesday, the DJIA dropped 12%, marking the start of the great depression. International trade declined, along with personal income, tax revenues and product prices.

Many economists believed the Great Depression was evidence that capitalism, when left unchecked, is a dangerous ideology.

This caused some nations to change their political structures, such as Germany, who adopted fascism.

Read more:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/great_depression.asp#ixzz1lo6dD63E


Indications of a depression will be a 12% drop in the stock market combined with a high rate of inflation. People will be purchasing gold as a hedge against the inflation, so watch the price of gold closely.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Depression is coming". Half of Europe is mired in a recession with 20+% unemployment and 30+% poverty but keeps limping along from one financial crisis to the next.

The United States is so far in debt that it could not handle a recession, not alone a depression, but again keeps limping along from one financial crisis to the next.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

McDonald's Restaurant fast food VS diet food

When I go to a McDonald's restaurant, I do not order a salad.  If I go to any fast food restaurant such as McDonald's, I do not order a salad.  I order what made that fast food chain famous.  In the case of McDonald's, I order a Big Mac, with all the trimmings, and an order of fries.  Why else would I go to McDonald's?

I do not go to a full service place such as an Applebee's restaurant to order a salad.  I might have a salad with my meal.  I look at the entrees on the menu to see what looks good, and I look at the prices to see what I can afford, but I do not look at the calorie count to see what my diet will allow.  If I am going out to eat then I am going to eat well and enjoy myself, or there is no reason to go.


There are some restaurants that offer "Salad Bar only" dining and have enough items in their salad bar to make a full meal.  The problem with this "Salad Bar only" dining is that it normally costs as much as a good entree which comes with a salad.  Who wants to pay steak price for lettuce?


There is no doubt that certain foods should not be attempted.  Triple cheeseburger with bacon.  Deep fried twinkies.  Batter fried butter.  Double chocolate cake with fudge frosting, ice cream, and whipped cream.  Food items such as these are hard on your arteries, sugar levels, teeth, and many other parts of the body.  You will pay for these items not  just when you purchase them, but many times more in later life.

Fast food restaurants have been trying to raise their incomes by adding non-traditional items to their menu.  Latte, milk shakes, and even ice cream.

Even the fast food pizza places such as Pizza Hut have gotten into this.  Offering such as bread sticks, pasta, chocolate dip, and even ?cookies?.

If these pizza places want to raise their bottom lines, how about offering something more traditional that goes with pizza?  How about a six pack of beer?

In short, if you go eat at a place like a McDonald's restaurant, or an Applebee's restaurant, eat, drink, be merry, and enjoy yourself.

For tomorrow you will pay the credit card and pay with a diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment